Guitar Player - Holiday 2017 – Brad Paisley
The Holiday issue of Guitar Player features Brad Paisley
The ferocious guitarist and mega-hit songwriter details his gig-ready Fender signature Telecaster (“I wanted something an aspiring guitarist down on Broadway in Nashville could play”), talks about the tough times for country composers, and reveals the tone recipes and song collaborations on his latest album, Love and War.
THE FIRST FIVE YEARS As part of Guitar Player’s 50th Anniversary, we are celebrating the advertisers who believed in founder Bud Eastman’s mad idea, and supported the infant magazine through its first five years, 1967-1972. They are: Acoustic Amps, Alfred Publications, AKG, Altec-Lansing, Ampeg, Bigsby, Bill Russell Capo, Black Diamond Strings, Carlsboro Amps, Coral, Danelectro, Darco Strings, Dunlop, Eko, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Epiphone, Ernie Ball, Fender, GHS Strings, Gibson, Gretsch, Guild, Hagstrom Guitars, Hallmark, Hammond Organ (Leslie), Harmony Guitars, Heathkit, Hohner, JBL, Kustom, La Bella Strings, Martin, Mel Bay Publications, Messenger Guitars, Mosrite, Ovation, Peavey, Randall, Rickenbacker, Robb Guitars, Rowe/DeArmond, Sigma, Standel, Sunn, TWA, Vox, and Yamaha. Thank you all!
Features: Vernon Reid, George Thorogood
Classic Column: Tommy Tedesco on creating your own job (from December 1980).
- Country Special! National Treasure Jesse Gress decodes Willie Nelson’s tasteful soloing on “Time of the Preacher.”
- Learning to Fly David Brewster explains how you can shred using pivot arpeggios.
- Country Special! Classic Riff “Southern Nights” by Glen Campbell.
- GP50: Jimmy Stewart’s tribute to Barney Kessel (from July 1976).
- YouTube sensation Mike Dawes
- Review Andrew White Cybele 110C NAT
- GP50 Michael Lorimer on gig prep (from July 1980).
- Country Special! A Guide to T-Style Guitars
- Reverend Double Agent W 20th Anniversary
- Country Special! Fender Road Worn Brad Paisley Telecaster
- Todd Sharp Joat 20 Combo
- EastWest MIDI Guitar Series & Fishman TriplePlay
- Ernie Ball 40th Anniversary Volume Pedal, Xotic AC/ RC-OZ Booster
- BOSS RV-500 Reverb