Guitar Player - January 2018
The January issue of Guitar Player features Modern Metallurgy
Three burning-hot guitarists—Stevie D of Josh Todd & the Conflict, Ryan Patrick
of Otherwise, and Rich Ward of Fozzy—engage in a roundtable discussion about
how they keep metal guitar moving forward, craft their tones, and keep surprising and engaging audiences.
Features: Scott Sharrard, George Lynch and Michael Sweet, The Struts’ Adam Slack, Diamond Rowe, Steve Morse
Classic Column: B.B. King’s Blues Chronicles (from September 1983)
- Getting Into Shapes Jesse Gress details how chords lay on the fretboard.
- Technique David Brewster on how to creatively employ natural harmonics.
- Classic Riff “Right On,” by Miles Davis, featuring John McLaughlin
- Brad Barr
- Review: New Taylor 12-Strings
- Classic Frets Stefan Grossman’s Acoustic Set (from August 1979)
- New Gear
- Electro-Harmonix Green Russian Big Muff, Hot Wax, Cock Fight Plus, and Superego+
- EarthQuaker Devices Data Corrupter
- Meris Mercury 7 Reverb and Mission Engineering 529 USB Power Converter
- Atomic Ampli-Firebox
- Schaffer Replica EX Tower
- Fusion Guitar
- Custom Tones Ethos TWE-1
- Whack Job 1967 Teisco Banjitar
- Classic Gear 1962 Fender Jaguar