Guitar Player - September 2017 – Youthquake!
The September issue of Guitar Player features Youthquake!
The next generation of young guitarist is raging across YouTube, Instagram, concert stages, clubs, television, game audio, and recording projects. We picked ten players to watch: Daniel Donato, Fredrik Halland, Marcus King, Jared James Nichols, Marissa Patermoster, Plini, Jason Richardson, Joe Robinson, Molly Tuttle, and Yoyo.
Features: Styx, Andy Summers, Robin Trower
Classic Column: David Hicks defends the Vox Buckingham amp (from November 1985).
- Write it Down ! Jesse Gress delivers a beginner's guide to the art of transcription.
- Shaking the Tree Vinnie DeMasi revisits the guitar magic of U2's The Joshua Tree on its 30th anniversary.
- Classic Riff "Living in the U.S.A." by the Steve Miller Band
- GP50 Arnie Berle on Passing Chords (from October 1988)
Andy James on being less shred obsessed, Dave Derr on compressing guitars, Jim Campilongo celebrates Cypress Hill (huh?), a quick tip from Rick Springfield, Kyle T Hurley offers his five career rules for indie artists, Jonny Lang falls in love with a vintage amp, a classic Pro's Reply with Steve Hackett from November 1974, Craig Anderton on emulating room reverb, and a "Bust this App" on some new recording software.
- Joe Bonamassa Goes Acoustic
- Jon Stickley
- Review First Look ! Mesa/ Boogie Rosette 300/ Two Eight acoustic combo
- GP50 Happy Traum uses an old mountain ballad to teach flatpicking (from January 1976)
- New Gear
- Mitchell HD400 and TD400
- Pro Tone Reeves Gabrels Distortion Engine
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Quad
- Gurus Brivido
- Tonebone Regency Pre-Drive & Booster
- MGL Lead Master 50
- Peavey 6505 Piranha
- Ceriatone 2202
- Amptweaker FatMetal Pro and PressuRizer
- Classic Gear The 1960 Fender 5F6A Tweed Bassman Combo