GuitarPlayer - June - 2012 Ernie Ball
PowerBall! Ernie Ball celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, and GP checks in with Sterling Ball and his sons Brian and Scott to talk about the past, present, and future of the Southern California company that gave us Slinky strings and made MusicMan one of the top names in American-made guitars and basses.
Four Corners of the New Acoustic Universe - GP probes the minds of four of today’s most important new acoustic guitarists—Mark Kroos, Antoine Dufour, Eric Skye, and Sergio Altamura—and highlights six other notables.
Nels Cline- The mega-prolific wonder guitarist talks about Wilco’s latest release The Whole Love, his Dirty Baby and The Veil albums, his favorite effects pedals and how he uses them, his vibrato and bending techniques, and thingsabout his playing he would like to change.
Joe Satriani, Carolyn Wonderland, and Michael Landau are also featured
Ten Things You Gotta Do to Play Like…Duane Eddy -The twang’s the thang as we delve into the style of this game-changing instrumental legend.
- Gear Roundup! 11 Groovy Micro Tube Amps Reviewed
- Reviews of Five Eastwood Electrics, the Quilter Musicpro 200, the PRS P22, the Wechter Pathmaker
- Stompbox Fever! MXR Custom Badass Modified O.D., and Way Huge Red Llama & Angry Troll
- Brain Snack 5 Things About Electric Tonewoods
- Vocal Mics Applications and Mini Buyer’s Guide
… and much more!