Revolver Presents: The Book of Slayer
For almost three decades Slayer has been one of the biggest and most groundbreaking metal bands of all time. Their albums are historic, their songs controversial, and their antics famous, all combining to make Slayer the metal legends you know today. In this special issue, we take you from the birth of the band to the latest albums and tours.
Don't miss out on this collector's item. Order The Book of Slayer for only $9.99 today!
- Chapter 1: Born of Fire: 1981-1985--In a time of '80s pop and glam-metal, Tom Araya, Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman, and Dave Lombardo come together to form the biggest extreme-metal band of all time.
- Chapter 2: Reign Supreme: 1985-1992--After Hell Awaits, Slayer formed an unlikely alliance with Rick Rubin and Def Jam that would result in an inimitable thrash trilogy: 1986's Reign in Blood, 1988's South of Heaven, and 1990's Seasons in the Abyss.
- Chapter 3: The New Order: 1992-2001--The departure of drummer Dave Lombardo leads to a series of underwhelming studio albums. With 2001's God Hates Us All the band returns to Slaytanic form and sets the stage for eventual reunion with Lombardo.
- Chapter 4: Back in Black: 2001-2009--A reunited Slayer returns with some of their best songs to date, on Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood.
- Chapter 5: Apocalypse Now: A Clash of the Titans Roundtable--Jeff Hanneman of Slayer, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth, and Scott Ian of Anthrax discuss 1991's landmark tour billed as "Clash of the Titans"
- Chapter 6: The Four Horseman: An Unholy Alliance Roundtable--Before they embarked on their colossal 2006 tour, we got Tom Araya of Slayer, Randy Blythe of Lamb of God, Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom, and Troy Sanders of Mastodon to weigh in on all things unholy.
- Chapter 7: The Snake Charmer: Kerry King at Home--Slayer guitarist Kerry King invites Revolver to his home to discuss the band's much-delayed new album, as his 49 slithering pet reptiles look on.
- Chapter 8: The Beautiful People: Slayer Meet Marilyn Manson--Marilyn Manson, Slayer, and an arena full of freaky sociopaths. Welcome to the most controversial tour of summer 2007, or the first real sign of the imminent apocalypse--or both.
- Chapter 9: Scarstruck: A Gallery of Slayer Fan Tattoos--We asked and the fans responded. Here's our tribute to some of our favorite Slayer tributes.